So, six weeks ago one of my first memories after the double-dip surgery was telling my loving wife Jeanah that "I must play Steven Jackson" in Fantasy Football and that there was a special Thursday night game and we need to check if any of my players are playing, etc.
She dutifully got her laptop and brought it to me, but of course through my drugged eyes, I couldn't even tell her how to make the change. I just was able to tell her to "play Steven Jackson" and so she did...I lost anyway...
These days, I'm getting stronger every day it seems and am able to sit up and work from home for up to 2 - 3 hour stints at a time with a nap in between of course. My pain is rarely over a two on a scale of one to ten. I am down to 1-2 pain meds per day with Tylenol as a supplement.
The incision on my lower belly is healing nicely and the three extra belly buttons I had are almost a memory. The only "bad" side effect I still am dealing with is some continued fluid drainage out my backside. Before the surgery, I had wrongly assumed that part of my anatomy would be sown shut. I guess they let it heal from the inside out and this is part of the side effect of that.
The pain meds make me uncontrollably weepy and emotional...and I sometimes wear a feminine pad (?TMI?) to keep my pants clean so Jeanah says I now know how half the world feels a quarter of the time.
The next medical thing for me is on 12/31, a PT scan to confirm there are no hot spots in my body after surgery. After that, we will meet again with Dr. Chang, the oncologist to discuss if we will be doing Chemotherapy or not. Right now it seems to be 60/40, but it's a tough decision. Please pray for wisdom and peace in this decision.
On another note, my lil sis, Beth, just had open heart surgery to replace a very badly calcified heart valve. The surgeon said afterward that he hardly sees how any blood was getting pumped out at all. I've visited her in Salem Hospital several times this week and she is improving with each visit. The bummer is that our family will not be celebrating Christmas all together for the first time in 35 years!
Jeanah and I will be in Salem for Christmas with her family and will spend time in the Hospital with my family as well.
We praise God for the blessing of His Son in this season and for all the blessings He heaps upon us daily!
Merry Christmas!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment