Monday, February 23, 2009

Slight Plan Shift

So I have two more days of Radiation and then I get to let my body heal for a while! Yippee!

Today Dr. Chang said he would like to have another CAT scan in 4 weeks after I heal some and see what kind of damage we did to the tumor and make certain it has not metastacized. He says that he would hate to put me through the surgery to remove what's left if we found out shortly that it has indeed spread so we're just going to play it cautious in that way.

It's tough to wait on that decision, but we will trust it to God and see what happens in the weeks to come. So, it may be surgery in 4-6 weeks, or maybe another round of Chemo (higher dosage, no radiation) starting in about 4 weeks.

In any case, my job is to 1) Heal 2) Lose some weight. We are going to make a concerted effort to eat better, and less, and to move more. As that has been a lifelong struggle for me, I appreciate your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment